On Sunday, June 13th, the New York Young Republican Club will be participating in the 11th Annual Tank Pull Challenge to support veterans, especially those wounded in combat, to ensure that their service is never forgotten. The Tank Pull Challenge has donated over one million dollars to date for local wounded warriors and veterans in need.
The event will take place in Clifton, NJ, and we are looking for nine more participants to join our team! If you think you have what it takes to pull an 80,000-pound US Army tank, please consider joining our team. Even if you cannot participate, you can still support this cause by donating. All donations will benefit the following local veteran organizations, and our team’s goal is to raise $300 on top of the $1,500 already contributed to enter our team in the event!
- Independence Corps: Providing chairs for military amputees and wounded
- Paramus Veterans Home: Supporting veterans by purchasing unbudgeted medical devices
- Catholic Charities Unmet Needs Veteran Fund: Helping Veterans who are most in need
- Clifton Care: Managing the assembly and shipment of care packages for deployed troops
- Clifton Veteran’s Association: Helping veterans with disabilities
- Wreaths Across America: Inspiring the community to remember and honor those who have served
- Semper Fi Odyssey: Orchestrating a holistic transition assistance program that provides injured and critically ill active-duty military service members and veterans support
- NJSOSVETS Women Veterans Committee: Providing women veterans training and educational opportunities
We encourage all members and non-members to give whatever they can to help us hit our $300 goal! Our veterans fought and sacrificed mentally and physically for our freedom, and it’s our turn to fight for them. Please share, donate, or join us to support our efforts in helping our local wounded warriors and veterans through these outstanding organizations!