National Review is seeking an Audience & Community Manager. The ideal candidate is equal parts product management, content marketing, audience analytics, customer service, and social-media manager. You will be responsible for raising the brand’s profile, building a loyal following on various social-media networks, and helping to market our content products. You will also be the lead organizer, coordinator, and curator of our most prized readership community and product, NRPLUS, while overseeing weekly and monthly performance analytics to help the team make informed decisions.
Reporting to the VP of Editorial Operations, you will help manage content and distribution strategies across the website, social, and e-mail, and a myriad of platforms including Facebook, Google, Apple News, YouTube, etc. Success will be measured by your ability to enhance NR and NRPLUS’s brand relevance and health, while helping the business-operations team exceed revenue and audience-growth goals.
What you’ll do:
● Plan, coordinate, schedule, and execute NRPLUS monthly influencer calls;
● Manage and message the NRPLUS community, ban “trolls,” curate comments, and approve, reject, and clean access to NRPLUS special features and products;
● Respond to customer-service requests & resolve issues when able;
● Develop and execute content-marketing strategies to generate new website traffic and boost user engagement on all platforms;
● Develop and execute creative programming for NR’s social channels that meet the editorial, marketing, and advertising goals of the brand;
● Assist in the management of social-media posting strategies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) with our content-management team;
● Contribute to new strategies to grow our audience across channels;
● Manage the social imprint of NRPLUS and assist with other NRPLUS-related developmental projects;
● Use analytics and data to inform and improve decision-making; use external/internal data platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze data and help determine long-term strategies;
● Work with content distribution partners to ensure traffic referrals remain stable;
● Handle ad hoc requests for site changes, additional events, product updates, etc.
● A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or other digital-media field preferred; or equivalent work experience;
● Intermediate or better knowledge of MS Excel and Word a must;
● Creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution;
● A deep understanding of analytics and data (knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, SocialFlow, and similar programming/reporting tools);
● 2+ years professional experience, preferably in customer service, data management and analytics, audience development, marketing, or product management preferred;
● Ability to quickly learn new systems;
● Sense of urgency and a team player with the ability to work across many teams, including production, editorial, marketing, and sales.
National Review has been America’s paper of record for conservative fact and opinion since 1955. NR’s detailed analysis and commentary on news, politics, current events, and culture is delivered across multiple platforms, including print and digital.
Some Perks & Benefits of Working at National Review:
● Competitive salary and health-care packages
● Annual bonus plan
● 401(k) contribution
● Generous paid time off
To Be Considered:
Please email cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
Place ‘NR Audience & Community Manager’ in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org