The Assembly Republican Conference is looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to fill the position of Assistant Communications Coordinator in our Member Services unit.
Assistant Communications Coordinators work under the guidance of a Senior and/or Principal Coordinator and their duties may include:
- Conceptualize and draft mail pieces for Members.
- Prepare press releases, legislative columns, statements, and speeches.
- Work with regional office staff on public affairs events and local media coordination.
- Maintain and update media lists.
- Utilize the Legislative Retrieval System (LRS) to track and maintain legislation for Members.
- Art direct photoshoots.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns (including but not limited to Facebook, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Google Ads, YouTube) and maintain individual websites for each member of their delegation.
- Keep apprised of current news, major developments in legislation and regulations, as well as technology developments impacting communications, and use of various visual communication devices (i.e. camera, video).
Bachelor’s Degree required. 1-2 years of experience preferred as well as a keen interest in state government and politics. There is room for growth and advancement for individuals with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
The New York State Assembly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, the Assembly, in accordance with its policy of non-discrimination on the basis of disability, as well as the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), does not discriminate on the basis of disability with regard to employment or access to Assembly facilities or services.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000 – $40,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Staff must be fully vaccinated or submit to weekly testing. Masks must be worn in common areas by all individuals.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albany, NY 12210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Social Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to NWilock@Gmail.com