Edward Snowden was granted asylum in Russia, but before that he sought refuge across South America including in Bolivia, Ecuador, and Venezuela. All of these countries have one thing in common: political influence of the FARC, a cocaine growing cartel with connections to Russia going back to the 1960s.
- Bolivia: Before becoming President of Bolivia in 2006, Evo Morales was the head of the Coca Growers Union, a title he holds to this day. Morales has accused the United States of using the FARC as a pretense for imperialism in South America.
- Ecuador: President Rafael Correa, a friend of the late Chavez, accepted campaign donations from the FARC. Correa admitted that his father was a drug smuggler. Leftist Correa has imprisoned journalists and used his power to intimidate other members of the press, and he also blames the United States
- Venezuela: Files recovered in 2008 from FARC Commander Raul Reyes revealed a meeting between himself and then President Hugo Chavez, during which Chavez pledged money for arms.
- ALBA: The Bolivarian Alliance for the People of Our America (Spanish acronym: ALBA) is an international agreement for cooperation among Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and other Latin American countries with FARC and cocaine interests, started by Hugo Chavez in 2004. Alba is the Latin word for “white,” which is also the color of the drug for which ALBA exists.
- FARC: In 1982, at the Seventh Guerilla Conference of the FARC-EP, following the coca boom, the FARC officially adopted coca growing and distribution into their party platform, formalizing their status as a cocaine party.
- Russia has a both State and non-state relations with these three countries and the FARC (see here, pg. 8). There is a thriving black market arms-for-drugs trade between Russia and the FARC. This relationship goes back to the FARC’s founding in 1964, when it received support from the Soviet Union, as well as Cuba and the Communist Party of Colombia.
Local downtowns across the Northeast are evaporating during this alleged Obama-led recovery. Despite several Stimulus bills, quantitative easing by the Fed, and a spate of new consumer protection agencies, consumer spending is down to a trickle, leaving downtown areas increasingly desolate.
- The NYYRC Blog interviewed many business owners, whose testimonials point to poor sales, meager foot traffic, and desperate financial straits.
- Among those interviewed were two political exiles, from Cuba and Bulgaria. Both drew parallels between the American economy of today and their life under Communism in their respective countries.
- Small business owners are suffering while the Obama administration favors and bails out big business. Among shop owners, there is a sense that the administration is targeting the “little guy,” and ignoring their unique set of challenges created by new federal regulations.
- One business owners, a former national President of the Students for a Democratic Society, compares the actions of the Obama administration to a “bloodless coup, a revolution by small gifts” that has destroyed the American spirit.
The Democrat Party bills itself as the home of tolerance and anti-racism, but throughout history it has been the Democrats who have stood squarely opposed to civil rights and on the side of slavery and racial segregation. It is helpful to recall this history in light of the Obama administration’s involvement in the case of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman.
- Republican Abraham Lincoln waged the bloodiest war in history up to that point, a liberating crusade against southern Democrats turned rebels who were fighting to preserve slavery.
- Progressive hero Woodrow Wilson was a eugenicist who racially segregated the federal government.
- Democrat Orval Farbus, Governor of Arkansas, infamously stood outside a school building with state troopers to prevent desegregation by the Republican Eisenhower administration following Brown v. Board of Education.
- African Americans had a higher rate of employment during the Reagan Presidency than they do under the Obama administration.
- Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Booker T. Washington, and Martin Luther King Jr. were all Republicans.
- Four-time Presidential candidate and Governor of Alabama, Democrat George Wallace, supported segregation and is even photographed in front of the Confederate flag.
- Typifying the Democrat obsession with racial politics, Barack Obama accused Bill Clinton, “the first black president,” of racist comments during the 2008 Democrat primary.
Attorney General Eric Holder has failed in his oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. His domestic record is as bad as his gun-running foreign policy. For these reasons, he must GO.
- First Amendment Violation: The DOJ has done nothing to hold the IRS accountable for targeting conservative groups – even though the First Amendment guarantees the freedom to peaceably assemble.
- First Amendment Violation: Holder personally signed a search warrant defining Fox News reporter James Rosen as a co-conspirator in a crime for doing his job – even though the First Amendment also guarantees the freedom of the press.
- First and Fourth Amendment Violations: The Justice Department seized two months of phone records from 20 lines at 4 Associated Press Offices, not to mention its complicity or lack of interest in the NSA’s massive dragnet involving over 100 million Americans’ data – even though the Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable searches and seizures and requires a warrant “particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
- Fifth Amendment Violation: Eliot Spitzer admitted that the DOJ’s investigation of George Zimmerman for Civil Rights crimes is “dicey” given the Fifth Amendment’s guarantee against double jeopardy.
- Eric Holder also recently interfered with New York City’s Stop & Frisk policy, which has kept NYC safe from terrorism for many years. Fearing apparently racial discrimination, he is attempting to force DOJ oversight on the NYPD. Both Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly oppose the interference, pointing to the successful record of such policies in preventing terrorism. The court ruled in favor of Holder’s DOJ.
From its origins in British colonial Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood has always been a violent, anti-Semitic and anti-Western, revolutionary organization determined to overthrow secular governments and replace them with a Sharia-based caliphate that subjects all citizens to Islamic rule.
- Founded in 1928 by Egyptian Hasan al-Banna following the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the Muslim Brotherhood gained adherents opposing British colonial rule in Egypt and through its stated goal of establishing a new Islamic caliphate.
- Sayyid Qutb, who assumed leadership of the Brotherhood following the assassination of al-Banna in 1949, added vitriolic anti-American and European racism to the core of the society’s teachings.
- Following the execution of Qutb in 1966, it was Ayman al-Zawahiri, bin Laden’s spiritual mentor, who lead Qutb’s surviving vanguard.
- Also known by its Arabic name Ikhwan, the organization sought political power in Egypt throughout the 1920s, 30s, and 40s, even conspiring with the Nazis against the British.
- During World War II, Palestinian nationalist and Ikhwani Amin al-Husseini recruited Muslims into the Waffen S.S. Husseini, a virulently anti-Semitic personal friend of S.S. Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler, was the uncle of late Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) leader Yassir Arafat.
- The Taliban, al Qaeda, and Hamas can all be considered splinter groups of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- The Ikhwan flag quotes the Quran, Sunuh 8:60 – “Prepare for them whatever force and cavalry ye are able of gathering, to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies, of Allah and your enemies.”
- Current countries under complete Ikhwani control include Qatar, Libya, Tunisia, Turkey, Pakistan, and Bosnia; while Egypt and Syria struggle to remain free from the imposition of Sharia law.
- The Blog Committee will continue to track the development of the Muslim Brotherhood in the coming months…
Republicans complain about the liberal media, but many do not realize how many press outlets, including several notable “liberal” ones, are run by erstwhile Republicans and conservative. Even a New York Times reporter, Mark Leibovich, understands the bipartisanship nature of pettiness, incompetence, and self-importance in Washington, D.C.
- Huffington Post: Arianna was a conservative commentator and friend of Andrew Breitbart in the 1990s. It was only after President Clinton bombed the Serbian regime of Slobodan Milosevic, to the chagrin of the Kremlin, that she returned to the liberalism of her youth. Huffington went so far as to defend Milosevic and attack NATO.
- Politico: Fred Ryan, Founding CEO and President of Politico, was once Chief of Staff for President Ronald Reagan. Mark Levin, conservative radio talker and one time Chief of Staff for Reagan Attorney General Edwin Meese, has called Politico “a phony website… Not news, it’s leftism.”
- Media Matters: George Soros funded Media Matters was founded by one-time conservative journalist David Brock. Before turning liberal following the election of George W. Bush, Brock was known for conservative books during the Clinton era, including an exposé on Anita Hill, and the infamous Troopergate story which led to Paula Jones lawsuit against President Clinton.
- Journalist Mark Leibovich’s new book “This Town” portrays many prominent Washington politicians and insiders as crude, petty, egomaniacs, more concerned with who picks up their tab for dinner, and how often they get on television, than they are with the future of the country.
Note: Following a story at Slate.com, these Talking Points have been edited. Here is a response to the author, Dave Weigel, at Slate.com.
Who is Aleksandr Dugin?
Talking Points, June 2013
Talking Points, July 2013